~Live life like Naili~

as catchy as it sounds.. as interesting as it seems.. as exhilarating as it feels.. as luscious as it tastes.. dis is wut life’s supposed 2 b.. so live it gud.. live it happy.. live it like me! ;)

My Photo
Name:
Location: Gold Coast, QLD, Australia

A simple yet complicated girl when it comes to stating a point in life & desires to be accomplished, cuz getting anything of any sorts seems to be significant, a naive & innocent girl wit a big heart but still cheeky depending on da mood, open minded & easy to absorb any kinds of info regardless its tendency to be completely crap, easy-going & out-going which makes sitting @ home is such a burden & a waste if not spending it wisely by hangin-out in mamaks, coffee places or even chillin in clubs, living a sumwat bz life wit work during da day & sipping tea & inhaling 'polluted air' @ nite (if not da whole day :P), hates being left-out, emotionally unstable ppl, & childishly back-stabbers, but rather keeping all dis dislikes to self cuz life's too short to get into trouble or start a fight, loves livin life in harmony wit loads of ppl 2 share da feelin wit...

Thursday, November 02, 2006

On a Tight Budget

If last month was a ‘love’ & festive month, then this month on the other hand, not as glorious. I call it a ‘budget’ month.

I am sure you can understand why, all the spending during raya: shopping (top to toe), distribution of ‘duit raya’, personal makeovers (hair laa what else?) etc. Even an advance paycheck and bonus couldn’t cover it. Although it’s different in my case, as I just got my pay yesterday, the result is still the same -> BROKE. And by broke, I mean I didn’t save a single cent for the whole month. Totally swerve from the path of a journey to my dream - to travel overseas (excluding Singapore). Sad huh. Had a few places in mind: Australia, Phuket & Bandung. But it slowly disappears one by one from my vision, which was once clear as glass. Ok laa a bit emotional. But the point is, I screwed up & now hafta work twice as hard and save twice as much to cover last month’s savings.

What frustrates me is that, I DID NOT spend on duit raya, DID NOT spend on makeovers and only shopped very few for tailoring 2 simple baju kurung and 3 pairs of shoes. OMG, I actually splurged all my money on FOOD? Can you believe it? What a waste. Oh ya, plus I rarely use the credit card now and started using my own cash even on toiletries. Anyhoo, eating out has always been my routine for as long as I can remember. I even hafta eat out during the whole week of raya holiday. So now it gotta stop. Not completely but reasonably, not to the extent that I’ve to starve myself to death.

So lesson learned and new strategies constructed:
1. NO shopping on unnecessary items (especially in Guardian/Watson)
2. NO in between meals
3. NO eating out when there’s food at home. Start calling home everyday to confirm.
4. Eat only 3 meals a day
5. NO food after 12 midnite

I plan to discipline myself by executing the above throughout the year, and see what happens. If all goes well and I’m back on track again, the strategy stays. Wish me luck!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home